2014/07/11

Rough night...

It's been ages since I had a night like last night. I slept in 1-2 hour intervals waking up horrified from nightmares.. Hubby woke me up a few times cause apparently I was screaming.. Or sounded like I was suffocating..

The first nightmare had the worst affect on my body.. My heart kept pumping so hard it felt like it was going through my chest.. It was like my body was trying to force me wake up.. Took around 5 mins for me to realize I was safe..

Today I stayed home from work.. I begged hubby to stay home with me so I could sleep without having more horror - but he really had to go to work.. Luckily I managed to crash on the sofa and get 3 hours of sleep with the TV on.. I really needed that. My body feels rested.. My mind still in shock..

I don't understand what brought out all these nightmares.. I thought I was done with them.. I do tend to have them once or twice now and then, but never so often in the one and same night.. And not so intense..

Do you have nightmares? How do you deal with them?

2 comments:

  1. I went through a phase of having night terrors
    The were so scary I had to sleep beside my mother
    I was too afraid to go asleep alone
    I would wake up screaming the house down
    The stopped eventually
    But I still get them from time to time

    Are you anxious or stressed?
    Maybe if you read up about them you might be able to identify the cause
    I really feel for you though
    They are terrifying

    Hope it improves

    Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nightmares on a nightly basis at the moment. They usually wake me up several times a night though generally I can have a smoke and go back to sleep. I used to get night terrors but they're few and far between these days.

    I honestly don't know what to recommend to help. I think it depends on the cause. I link most of my nightmares back to trauma - I'm not ready to deal with that at all yet but I think the nightmares would subside if I did.

    I'm sorry you're having to deal with this... Nightmares are truly horrid. I hope they ease up soon. I'm glad you managed to get some rest eventually. Sleep deprivation would be the last thing you need.

    Take care sweetie. Keeping you in my thoughts <3 xx

    ReplyDelete