2014/02/23

Personal challenge!

I need to do something..
I need to get back on track.. And I need to make some changes.

My gym membership goes out in 6 weeks.. I have barely used this very very expensive membership cause I was just too ashamed to go there.. If I manage to get my self to get there 3 times a week during the next 6 weeks I am going to reward my self with something great.

Things I am considering as a reward:
- New membership at a less expensive gym
- A laser hair-removal treatment
- New sunglasses

I have also been thinking that I should try to make time for the whole family to eat together. My son is getting older and I would like for him to experience how it is to have family dinners. The last few months, we have eating in shifts.. My son eats - then I eat while my hubby is putting him to bed, and then my husband eats. Even my husband and I rarely eat at the same time anymore - and 99,9% of our meals is in front of the TV and it really isn't something I want to teach my son. Anyhow.. My idea is for us to try to eat dinner together, and I also want to start making dinners that all of us can eat, so I don't have to cook different dinners, for us and for my son. Anyways, either this week, or next I am going to try to make it happen. I also am going to try to follow recipes and make some new meals. You know how it is to see a picture of the most perfect meal on tumblr - browsing some page or something like that??! Well I am a good cook, I want to try to make those meals.

And last and not least, I want to have date nights. I feel like my husband and I kind of have lost our "lover" part of the relationship. We went out for dinner on valentines, and it was the first time ever since we became parents. So once a month, we are going to get a baby sitter and go out. Just the two of us.

So yeah... These are my personal challenges.. You got any??





4 comments:

  1. Skäms ALDRIG för att du tränar! Vare sig det är gym eller som jag som klär ut mig i rosa(!!) träningskläder och flåsar mig genom stan när jag går min stavgång! Har folk nåt att säga om det, skit i dem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be ashamed to get in the gym! Everyone there is focused on themselves, I promise, and no one is thinking about you. That kind of fear is all in our head!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sounds of these. Date night is a great idea! And eating dinner as a family sounds wonderful, only having to cook dinner once is just an added bonus lol. Good luck with your gym goal, too. The rewards sound great, I hope they keep you motivated.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eating together as a family is a wonderful thing for your son, it will mean a lot to him when he is much older. You will save time making meals the whole family can eat together. Since you love to cook why don't you start a family cookbook? When your son grows up and moves out you can give it to him as a gift.

    ReplyDelete