2011/06/28

I want to stop counting..

Ok.. Ok.. So I know I have to count if I want to lose weight.. Either carbs or calories or whatever I decide to do.. But I am so sick of it. I am so sick of reading ALL the labels.. Spending hours and hours at the store just to get few items.. You know what I mean.. Don't you??
I have been thinking about what I am going to do with the whole food thing.. I have been thinking about low calorie.. Low carb.. Flexitarian.. and I am just so tired.. I can see it for me.. Food and the calorie/carb content lol.. I have been doing this shit for so long and I am still so fat..
So what am I going to do.. Well this is what I am going to do..
I am going to eat normal food. But in very small portions. To do so I am going to pick out a small bowl/plate and use that to have my portion control. If we eat out I will only eat half of what is served, most portions are too big anyways, aren't they??
So 3 main meals, and 2-3 snacks. And I am going to get my lazy bum to the gym. 3-4 days a week is a real goal for me. I will pick it up as I go and get more in shape- making it longer and more challenging.
So that's it.. Nothing fancy. Nothing expencive. No counting. That is after all how "normal" people do, isn't it? And I guess it is something that can be done no matter where I am or what sort of event I am going to.

5 comments:

  1. Best of luck, I like the new ideas. Most sit down places do serve over sized portions, so taking half home with you for another meal is always helpful. Also, the idea of a smaller plate/bowl is great. I actually have a fork that I try to use at my house that is "child sized" it looks like a normal fork but the tines are a little smaller, IDK it makes me slow down and take smaller bites. I was told that blue or darker colored plates and bowls help with weight loss, since yellows and reds are associated with food (think ALL the major food chains colors)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super tired of counting too. It gets so old. Thank goodness my app makes it easier but still.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm too addicted to counting to let it go. I have to see today as a "number" rather than a day. The number makes the day good or bad to be honest. :'(

    Also, try getting the smallest spoon possible! It's a great great great help since I scarf down food too fast. With a small spoon it can be hard to finish a plate quickly. Get me? :')

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this sounds like a really good, solid plan. Good luck!

    ~MLM

    ReplyDelete